Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bye bye Asiago Cheese Bagels & Carbonara Pasta

I am not a Christian. However, I do wish I was more knowledgeable about Christianity. From the outside looking in, I do think it's remarkable that something like religion can make such a significant impact on a wide span of individuals about their lifestyle choices. Anyway, despite the fact that I am not Christian, I have decided to participate in Lent. Lent is a 40 day event where individuals decide to fast or give up certain items in their lives (that are usually considered not necessary).

I have decided to forgo pasta and bread and going out to eat. I am giving up carbohydrates like pasta and bread because they are foods that are high calorie and unhealthy especially when not whole wheat.

I am also giving up going out to eat for the next couple of weeks because I should cook more and my excuse to boost local restaurant businesses isn't helping my bank account. Instead of going out to eat, I think I may partake in a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) this Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck- those are pretty hard things to give up but I am sure you can do it :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete